Jump to navigation Jump to search
See HERE for Sprocket School produced resources!
Lists of technicians • technology archives • equipment manufacturers • analog exhibitors • and more
Community, Discussion, & Professional Organizations
- Sprocket School listserv
- Art House Convergence / AHC listserv
- Association of Moving Image Archivists / AMIA listserv
- BKSTS - British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society
- FIAF - International Federation of Film Archives
- Frameworks email list
- Japanese Community Cinema Center
- Mad Cornish Projectionist / We Can Still Show Film
- Projected Picture Trust
- SMPTE (the Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers)
- Sprocket School's own List of analog film exhibitors
- F. H. Richardson's Bluebook of Projection, 7th edition (1942)
- Pytlak's Practical Projection Pointers
- Technical Journals Collection at the Media History Digital Library
- Media History Digital Library intensive search interface
- The Internet Archive
- Film-Tech: Forums / Manuals / Kodak Film Notes
- SMPTE Journals from the 1910s - 1950s at the Internet Archive: ,  via the Prelinger Library.
- Timeline of Historical Film Colors
- Future Projections
Preservation, Conservation, and Film Handling
- National Film Preservation Board: Handling and Projecting 35mm Archive and Studio Prints - Voluntary Guidelines
- Film Preservation Guide from the National Film Preservation Foundation
- "A Guide to Best Practices in Film Handling" from the Film on Film Foundation
- Film Forever: The Home Film Preservation Guide
- Video Aids to Film Preservation
Small Formats: 16mm, 9.5mm, 8mm, etc.
Large Formats: 70mm, IMAX, etc.
- The Book of Film Care, Eastman Kodak Company. Edited by Paul L. Gordon, 1983.
- The Advanced Projection Manual, FIAF/Norsk Filminstitutt. Torkell Sætervadet, 2005.
- Motion-Picture Projection and Theatre Presentation Manual, SMPTE. Edited by Don V. Kloepfel, 1969.
- Home Movies: A History of the American Industry 1897-1979, Transition Pub, Alan Kattelle, 2000.