|Welcome to Sprocket School! This project is maintained by volunteer editors. A guide to editing.|
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- date codes
- dye fades
- how and why we use edgecode charts
- Searchable film stock database: https://filmstocks.info/
- A comprehensive guide to Kodak edgecodes can be found here, with a handy printable PDF here
- A Guide To Identifying the Year of Manufacture from Kodak.
- AGFA optical sound recording film stock, edge code will say "AGS": http://www.agfa.com/docs/sp/motionpictures/st8d_en.pdf
- A great page for 16mm film stock identification can be found here. Many of these tips are applicable to 35mm as well.
- Another good page for film stock I.D here
- Some film stocks do not have edge codes pertaining to year, such as ORWO.
- Excellent "tools for identifying motion picture film" both 16mm and 35mm from Brian Pritchard